Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I have an ipad pro 10.5 and it has the smart connector (3 pins) on the long bottom side. It works with my logitech keyboard. In looking at the new ipad 10th gen it also appears to have a smart connector along the long side. Can I use my keyboard that I got for the ipad pro 10.5? The keyboard I have is separate from the case so I was wondering if my apple pencil (1gen) and the logitech keyboard I have would be able to work with an ipad gen10. TIA

WLS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
That would be a waste of effort. It's complicated because there is the matter of the placement of the smart connectors AND the placement of the magnets. Apple has an icon in the Tech specs (called works with) as to what works and anything else is just a wild guess. I've realized my best bet is keep what I have. The only thing bad about my 10.5 pro is the battery is dying so I'll just have a new battery put in and then I will have a decent ipad pro with pencil and keyboard and promotion screen.. Until the ipad or ipad air have a promotion screen there is no reason to retire mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.