Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tralasau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
So I bought the keyboard dock and it's great, except for one thing I just discovered now:

I tried using pandora/ipod app to play some music and then I plugged in my headphones. The output to headphones regardless of the sound volume setting is always MAXIMUM when the headphones are plugged in.

I tried setting the sound setting to the lowest (one bar) and could barely hear it coming out of my iPad, then I plug in my headphones and it outputs to MAX.

Actually, you can't even adjust the sound when you have headphones plugged in. It seems to be a very strange error and is huge if it is widespread.

Is anyone else having this issue?

(sent from my iPad, using keyboard dock)

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
So I bought the keyboard dock and it's great, except for one thing I just discovered now:

I tried using pandora/ipod app to play some music and then I plugged in my headphones. The output to headphones regardless of the sound volume setting is always MAXIMUM when the headphones are plugged in.

I tried setting the sound setting to the lowest (one bar) and could barely hear it coming out of my iPad, then I plug in my headphones and it outputs to MAX.

Actually, you can't even adjust the sound when you have headphones plugged in. It seems to be a very strange error and is huge if it is widespread.

Is anyone else having this issue?

(sent from my iPad, using keyboard dock)

Did you plug your headphone into the dock or the ipad?

On the iPhone if you have it docked, and it's outputing through the dock connector, you lose volume control (because it's line-out you shouldn't be altering that signal amplitude anyway, that's the amp's job)

Tralasau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
I plugged it in dock, I will see if it works when plugged into ipad.

kmolti

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2010
iPad keyboard doc bug

I am experiencing the exact same bug. When I plug in my headphones into the dock and bring up iTunes, the volume control disappears on Itunes - it says "Dock Connector" where the volume control should be. At that point I can only listen to music at full blast, or I can use the mute button on the keyboard to mute the volume.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.