Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hammie14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
UK
Does anyone notice on there iPad with the flick keyboard switched off that that the keys (! ,) and (? .) do not change when you press the shift key?

Its confusing as you don't know what key its going to add, I'm sure on old versions of iOS the key work alternate between (! and ,) & (? and .) now they don't change.

See the image below, I don't have iOS 10 on any other iPads so can't check if its always been like this?

The screen shot below is from my iPad Pro running iOS 11.1 (updated today) was the same with all other 11.0.x releases!

output_r4NMbG.gif

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
Does anyone notice on there iPad with the flick keyboard switched off that that the keys (! ,) and (? .) do not change when you press the shift key?

Its confusing as you don't know what key its going to add, I'm sure on old versions of iOS the key work alternate between (! and ,) & (? and .) now they don't change.

See the image below, I don't have iOS 10 on any other iPads so can't check if its always been like this?

The screen shot below is from my iPad Pro running iOS 11.1 (updated today) was the same with all other 11.0.x releases!

View attachment 729635
Simple answer Shift Up (Caps) gives ! and ?. Lower case gives , and .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.