Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
:apple: If you know of any launch day apps, please post here :apple:

"TUAW and others are reporting that Ngmoco – prolific iPhone app publishers of Rolando, Elimnate Pro, several Touch Pet apps and nearly 50 titles overall for the iPhone App Store – are planning to have up to six new iPad titles ready for the iPad’s launch day. Apparently the folks at Touch Arcade have predicted the six will be:

GodFinger
We Rule
Flick Fishing
NBA Hotshot
CastleCraft
Warp Gate"

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I *HOPE* MLB At-Bat for iPad will be out on launch day. Season starts the next day (Yanks-Sox)!

RobBookPro

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
I am hoping that applications such as Gloop and Galactica will be outfitted for the larger real estate. I use them frequently to relax and it would be great on the massive screen.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
I want to see Scrabble, and my wish list is:

Axis and Allies or Risk. The size would be perfect for those.

d0mth0ma5

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
Is the announcement of submission of Apps covered by the NDA then? I would have thought that some people might have announced otherwise.

epi117

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2010
looking for final fantasy 1 and 2 which are aready iphone apps to be converted to ipad, that would be cool

CanonicalKoi

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
Where the trilobites roam free.
I would LOVE to see Bejeweled 2 for the iPad ! ! ! Monopoly and other board games would be a welcome addition :)

I totally agree with the board games--it'd be great to have them on a larger screen. "Plants vs Zombies" would be fun and some of my other games. I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes out in the way of apps for drawing--"Brushes" looks to be great and I want that app (that I can't remember the name of :rolleyes: ) that had the demo with the connect-the-dots puzzle. Drawing and being able to do forms and write on .pdfs would be terrific.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I think what the OP is asking is what *KNOWN* App's have already been announced for the iPad and not what you wish/want/think. Just saying :)

Requiemm

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008
I want to see Scrabble, and my wish list is:

Axis and Allies or Risk. The size would be perfect for those.

While Lux Delux is a decent Risk replacement I would seriously love to see Axis & Allies make it onto the iPad.

I'd also love to see Archon get reformatted to fit the larger screen.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I think what the OP is asking is what *KNOWN* App's have already been announced for the iPad and not what you wish/want/think. Just saying :)

Yeah, I was hoping that this thread but go in that direction but it seems to have taken on a life of it's own :p

It is fun to see what other people are looking for in apps though, so if we get a mixture of both (posting "known" launch day apps and wish lists) that will work too :)

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
looking for final fantasy 1 and 2 which are aready iphone apps to be converted to ipad, that would be cool

I agree and think that any of the Final Fantasy series would be extremely cool on this platform ;)

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Calendar app

Okay, going off topic a tad but I found this iPhone app, while not currently native to the iPad, it seems to lend itself feature wise (particularly the page flip) to the iPad environment and it's available now :rolleyes:

Publisher's description
From Zicron Software :
Years replaces the year calendar in your paper diary with an elegant digital year calendar. It's so easy to navigate through the days and months of a year. Tap on a month to enlarge it and tap the days to add clear visual scribbles. Email months to friends and colleagues. Marking days with scribbles is a great tool for keeping track of:
holidays
shift work
medical treatments
or anything you like...

Watch the page flip as you move between years. So simple and yet so useful.

FEATURES:
natural user interface
quick and easy navigation of days/months/years
large month display
associate days with coloured scribbles
share your months using email
uses your regional settings

REVIEWS:

"Years for iPhone: Calendars Can Be Sexy Too."
MacStories

"Years is a sweet take on a calendar, with a 'less is more' slant."
- MacFormat 213, 4.5/5 stars

"50 Great iPhone Apps"
- Essential iPhone Handbook 2nd Edition, 4/5 stars

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Not surprising but . . . .

"While we knew it’s coming, Apple had been very discrete so far as to when these iPad-specific apps everybody is going crazy about would be made available. Well, contacted by TUAW after the announcement, Apple confirmed that iPad apps will be made available starting April 3rd, along with the iPad.

“[W]e are looking forward to having an amazing line up of apps available when the iPad ships on April 3.” The iPad App Store will launch at the same time as the iPad device.

Alright, it’s not much of a surprise, but at least it’s official now. On the other hand, we’re still in the dark as to how will Apple present these on the store and I’d love to survey you about it."

Posted by Alexander Vaughn on: March 20th, 2010, 9.35 am

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Kindle for iPad makes the scene

"It must be getting close to April 3rd because the iPad news is hotting up. Today we get our first glimpse at Amazon's free Kindle app for the iPad. We've also got a Barnes & Noble iPad app on the way, courtesy of a report in in the New York Times, that has been completely redesigned by a team of 14 developers working since January to allow for custom fonts in multiple colors and quick page turns with finger swipes. The Kindle app, meanwhile, features a redefined core screen and reading experience, slow page turns, and new ways to view your eBook library."

From Engadget

"Amazon.com announced that more than 450,000 Kindle books would be available through its Kindle app for the iPad, when Apple's tablet arrives on April 3. The app will use Amazon's Whispersync technology to automatically synchronize the last page you read on other compatible devices, such as iPhones or Kindle e-readers.

[ Stay ahead of advances in mobile technology with InfoWorld's Mobile Edge blog and Mobilize newsletter. ]

The Kindle app for the iPad has been tailored to the size, look, and feel of the tablet, according to Amazon.com, and it lets you customize the background color and font size for the book's text. You can also adjust screen brightness from within the app.

Like the PC and Mac counterparts, the Kindle app for iPad will remember the last page you read and sync it with Amazon.com's servers, so if you continue reading on an iPhone, BlackBerry, or Kindle e-reader, you can pick up where you left off. Bookmarks, notes, highlights and annotations are also synced.

Amazon.com has also integrated the Kindle bookstore into the iPad app, which includes most of the New York Times bestsellers, alongside Amazon.com's own book collection of nearly a half million titles. Amazon.com says availability for some of these titles might vary for non-U.S. customers.

Similarly to Apple's own iBook store and app for the iPad, the Amazon.com Kindle app also uses page turn animations to replicate the look of turning a page in a book, and offers free book samples (the first chapter) before you decide to buy. If you purchase a book from the Kindle iPad app, you will be able to read it also on Kindle-compatible devices.

Alongside stiff competition from Apple's own iBooks store and software on its own tablet, the Kindle app will also have to battle Barnes & Noble's eReader app for the iPad, also expected to be available around April 3."

From Infoworld

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.