Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcmc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I received the 12.9” version of this on launch day and have been using it every day since - and liking it too. However I am seeing a problem starting to occur when you put the iPad back on the stand after using it in tablet mode.

There seems to be an issue with the Smart Connectors aligning as sometimes it won’t register the keyboard and trackpad as available. More often it seems that the connection is there but is patchy - the software keyboard will repeatedly pop up and down (happening during this post) and at night I can see the backlighting illuminating on and off as if the connection is repeatedly being made then lost and repeated.

Usually taking the iPad off the stand and remounting it does the trick, though sometimes I have to do this a couple of times before normal service is resumed. And the instances of this behaviour happening, while still very much a minority of times, seems to be growing and is getting annoying enough for me to see if anyone else has been having similar issues?

chicagofan00

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Haven’t seen any issues like that so far. Have you cleaned off the Smart Connectors on both the iPad and the case just to make sure there isn’t something interfering with the connection?

jcmc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Ah great thanks. Will track that one. Annoying issue!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.