Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
This topic is dedicated to thoughts on how iOS8 GM (and above) performs on the original iPad Mini. Being that the final version of iOS8 will be released very soon, it would be valuable to many owners to hear the thoughts of hard working developers and their experiences concerning this hardware. It's a step above the iPad 2 in terms of technical specifications, but not by much, so naturally concerns about performance will be abundant.

Thank you.

helicopter96

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
Chicago
Anyone have anything to report?

I'm running the iOS 8 GM on my first generation iPad mini. It's fairly similar to iOS 7 IMO, some of the apps are slow to load and there's a slight lag when double-pressing the home button, but other than that it pretty much has the same performance as iOS 7.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I'm running the iOS 8 GM on my first generation iPad mini. It's fairly similar to iOS 7 IMO, some of the apps are slow to load and there's a slight lag when double-pressing the home button, but other than that it pretty much has the same performance as iOS 7.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.