Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kryptonkid07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, TX
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I wasn't able to find anything.

I've tried multiple times to get my iPad Mini 2 to update, but it keeps telling me 9.3.5 is the current software.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I wasn't able to find anything.

I've tried multiple times to get my iPad Mini 2 to update, but it keeps telling me 9.3.5 is the current software.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!
Are you using iTunes or updating from the Settings app?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Do you perhaps have a beta profile installed (perhaps from iOS 9)?

kryptonkid07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, TX
Do you perhaps have a beta profile installed (perhaps from iOS 9)?

THAT MIGHT BE IT! I guess I gotta restore it!

This makes the most sense to me. I forgot all about that... thank you! I'll be back to see if it worked. Probably late tonight though.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013

This makes the most sense to me. I forgot all about that... thank you! I'll be back to see if it worked. Probably late tonight though.
If you have a profile you would be able to delete it from Settings.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

You should be able to just delete the profile (and restart) and that should do it.

kryptonkid07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, TX
IT WORKED!!
[doublepost=1473889857][/doublepost]
You should be able to just delete the profile (and restart) and that should do it.
Thanks so much! It worked. It slipped my mind that I signed up my iPad for the beta. I never do it on my iPad.

Reactions: C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.