Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RumoredMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2016
I own an iPad Mini 2 on 7.1.2 JB
I want to upgrade the iOS. I hear that iPad 2 will become pretty much unusable on iOS 9.3 But what about iPad Mini 2? How much difference is there between the 2?

gren81

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2013
I own an iPad Mini 2 on 7.1.2 JB
I want to upgrade the iOS. I hear that iPad 2 will become pretty much unusable on iOS 9.3 But what about iPad Mini 2? How much difference is there between the 2?
The issue does not seem to be the difference between The iPad 2 and the iPad 2 Mini.

I tried to update my iPad Mini 2 yesterday to 9.3 and I was unsuccessful. I was able to download the update but I was unable to install because of the verification issue. In my case, I had changed my Apple ID password from the time that I originally setup the iPad 2 Mini from several years ago. Apparently, the verification is trying to verify against the original Apple ID password - not my current password.

AppleCare and others stated to me that the update was pulled and should be back in a few days.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
It runs pretty well overall. I have the broken clickable Safari links bug currently, which is beyond annoying. You'll want to definitely hold off until this is sorted.

7.1.2 is definitely the fastest. Can you trade a little speed for the newest features? Your call there.

Reactions: pacorob

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
It runs pretty well overall. I have the broken clickable Safari links bug currently, which is beyond annoying. You'll want to definitely hold off until this is sorted.

7.1.2 is definitely the fastest. Can you trade a little speed for the newest features? Your call there.

I agree. iOS7 was super fast on both iPad mini2 (and my iPhone 5s). I do love the latest iOS8 and 9 features (share sheet, widgets in Notification Center, Night Shift) which is why I upgrade my iPad mini2.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I was able to get 9.3 installed on my mini 2 before the update was pulled. It runs fine. It's not as smooth as it is on, say, my iPad mini 4 or my iPad Air 2, but it otherwise runs fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.