Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EddieR711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Manchester UK
Hi folks,

Does anyone here use their iPad mini 4 or new 5 with music production apps like Korg Gadget, Cubasis, Auria, etc??

If so, whats the workflow like?

Are you hindered by anythin other than simply the smaller form factor.

Also, how does apps like the Moog model 15 or Syntronic run?

Any info or insight would be most welcome!!!

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Hi folks,

Does anyone here use their iPad mini 4 or new 5 with music production apps like Korg Gadget, Cubasis, Auria, etc??

If so, whats the workflow like?

Are you hindered by anythin other than simply the smaller form factor.

Also, how does apps like the Moog model 15 or Syntronic run?

Any info or insight would be most welcome!!!
I have gadget but I mainly use it on the 12.9. I have it in the mini 5 on to record midi while playing with the korg module

EddieR711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Manchester UK
Also, what about the Alchemy synth within Garageband, is its functionality limited due the mini's size, or is it the exact same as the larger models?

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
I’m actually find the 12.9 screen size too small for Cubasis, so I don’t think you will like it on a mini. This is actually one of the use cases where a 15” iPad is very helpful.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I’m actually find the 12.9 screen size too small for Cubasis, so I don’t think you will like it on a mini. This is actually one of the use cases where a 15” iPad is very helpful.

True but then, who in their right mind would start a project on a device that doesn’t even have a headphone jack. I don’t know many songwriters producing on AirPods. The thread is however quite old so I guess the op has long since sailed on.

Reactions: Spellerg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.