Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Based on the order satisfaction survey I just took, I'd like to make this clear:
"How likely are you to recommend purchasing from the Apple Store app to a friend or colleague?"
I DO NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASINg FROM THE APPLE STORE APP ...and if you do, I would use store-pickup

Last edited:

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Cleary you were upset (as evidenced by your use of caps lock) and you were right to be. But this really doesn't have anything to do with Apple's store or their shipping, and they're making it right for you.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
FedEx driver tried to hand me a Box with a hole on the bottom I had bought a AppleWatch from Walmart. Driver just said “sign here” I didn’t sign. When I felt the 📦 box he was trying to scam me and have me sign so I would be responsible. Long story short I called the Police got a Police report. FedEx ended up gifting me a much more expensive AppleWatch thanks to their bungling delivery driver. He clearly knew the box had a hole and was empty. Still tried to deliver it.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Cleary you were upset (as evidenced by your use of caps lock) and you were right to be. But this really doesn't have anything to do with Apple's store or their shipping, and they're making it right for you.
I wasn't upset, my Windows keyboard caps-lock frequently gets stuck. (I prefere to user the htouchscxreen keyboard of an iPad)

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Really wary of these horror stories of delivery thieves in the US. Is it that bad? I mean in the end, the customer, Apple, and the courier company loses. Yet both Apple and their contracted courier don't seem to be doing anything to mitigate this. It's as if the cost of replacement etc is actually miniscule enough to not being put into attention. Kinda sucks for the customer though.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Really wary of these horror stories of delivery thieves in the US. Is it that bad? I mean in the end, the customer, Apple, and the courier company loses. Yet both Apple and their contracted courier don't seem to be doing anything to mitigate this. It's as if the cost of replacement etc is actually miniscule enough to not being put into attention. Kinda sucks for the customer though.
I’m hearing more about it from people I know. I refuse to mail in or deliver anymore. In store only.

Where I jog I see a constant stack of opened Amazon boxes dumped by thieves. Started about a year ago.

BaddAdvice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2016
FedEx driver tried to hand me a Box with a hole on the bottom I had bought a AppleWatch from Walmart. Driver just said “sign here” I didn’t sign. When I felt the 📦 box he was trying to scam me and have me sign so I would be responsible. Long story short I called the Police got a Police report. FedEx ended up gifting me a much more expensive AppleWatch thanks to their bungling delivery driver. He clearly knew the box had a hole and was empty. Still tried to deliver it.
Not to completely derail this thread, but we had some replacement refrigerator parts delivered a while back via UPS. One box had a huge hole in it and no parts as they’d obviously slipped out somewhere during shipment. But, there it was, a mangled, empty box on our front porch with a text from UPS saying “delivered”.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
If it obviously feels like an empty box then don't even open it. Take pictures/videos for evidence and file a complaint to both the shipper and Apple to have it investigated.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
UPS employees are not what they used to be, I think that they had to lower their hiring standards. UPS driver ran into one of my large planters leaving my house the other day. My security camera caught it all on camera. He backed up and went around it to leave. I sent the video to UPS and they sent a letter of apology.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
found the real iPad Mini box. Love this little iPad! Reminds me of why I liked touchID on the iPhone

Lcgiv

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2017
Hangzhou
Not to completely derail this thread, but we had some replacement refrigerator parts delivered a while back via UPS. One box had a huge hole in it and no parts as they’d obviously slipped out somewhere during shipment. But, there it was, a mangled, empty box on our front porch with a text from UPS saying “delivered”.
Amazing work ethic

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.