Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vw2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2022
As in the title. Any iPad mini 6 cellular users experience using with zoom meetings. Have you found the 4 GB Ram to be sufficient?

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
I actually do not know many much RAM is in my mini 6. I assume all of them have the same RAM?

My mini 6 has no problem with Zoom and using various features during Zoom. No lag or stutter etc.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I have used Zoom and several other conference call apps on one side of my screen while taking notes with the Pencil on the other side in OneNote. I’ve never had one problem so far.

FWIW, the iPad I have is activated on my Verizon 5G plan and is the model with a 256 GB hard drive. I do not turn anything off while not in use and just let the iPad do its thing. I‘ve done the above work flow on cellular and Wi-Fi and have never seen a slowdown, stutter, or dropped connection.

Reactions: lostPod

Mac47

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I have the Mini 6 with 5G on Telus in Canada. Not my fave iPad for meetings, since typing is a bear. I prefer my 12.8 Pro. But the mini works fine as long as you don’t need to type anything.

Zoom for iPad sucks though. They should make the chat a moveable window instead of putting it right in the middle of the screen. If they did that, I wouldn’t need my Mac to teach classes on Zoom.

Reactions: lostPod

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
It may work just fine. However, if you started sharing your screen or something, you may notice an issue of sorts.
Merely my opinion...

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I have the Mini 6 with 5G on Telus in Canada. Not my fave iPad for meetings, since typing is a bear. I prefer my 12.8 Pro. But the mini works fine as long as you don’t need to type anything.

Zoom for iPad sucks though. They should make the chat a moveable window instead of putting it right in the middle of the screen. If they did that, I wouldn’t need my Mac to teach classes on Zoom.
Agree, for the most part. Not the ideal way to work. However, I did find myself in a situation a few weeks ago where I had a very important meeting to attend but also had to go pick up my son at soccer. I was expected to be the note-taker at this meeting, so I took my iPad with me. I do not like thumb typing meeting notes, so using the Pencil to handwrite them in OneNote while having Webex in PiP mode was SO HELPFUL. Being able to just flip back and forth and have PiP happen automatically is just icing on the cake.

I will qualify this by saying my eyesight is pretty poor and has been since I was about 9. I wear progressive lenses all day every day, even in my sunglasses, because my reading distance is getting worse and worse every year as well. I was still able to successfully host the meeting and get good notes using only my iPad mini, Apple Pencil, and 5G connection.

There are some cool things about the current state of the world. ;)

Reactions: Mac47

vw2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2022
A bit of context might be useful.
Appreciate all the quick responses. Useful.

The mini is used as a reader/email/for books, video for on a plane/ train etc. for mainly travel use. nothing that wood require more horsepower. (I have considered other options as well; focusing though on this particular device)
On occasion I am needing to tie in to a zoom meeting if I am travelling and would prefer not to invest in more tech than is necessary, for the occasional meeting etc.

At least I can give it some serious consideration.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Appreciate all the quick responses. Useful.

The mini is used as a reader/email/for books, video for on a plane/ train etc. for mainly travel use. nothing that wood require more horsepower. (I have considered other options as well; focusing though on this particular device)
On occasion I am needing to tie in to a zoom meeting if I am travelling and would prefer not to invest in more tech than is necessary, for the occasional meeting etc.

At least I can give it some serious consideration.
Exactly why I bought mine--all those same reasons plus I do like using the Pencil for certain things. It has not slowed down or struggled at all so far. It's working great with Universal Control too--sometimes I'll use it as a second screen for quick Googling or responding to a text while I'm doing other things. Most importantly though, it's small enough to fit on my nightstand and be used as a TV.

skardvin

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2015
I actually do not know many much RAM is in my mini 6. I assume all of them have the same RAM?

My mini 6 has no problem with Zoom and using various features during Zoom. No lag or stutter etc.
Yes, all iPad Mini 6s have the same amount of RAM, which is 4GB.
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 19.05.10.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.