Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
$400 bucks! :( The screen of my Mini 6 has a very fine crack in it from, of all things, removing a case! Guess I slightly bent it removing the case recently. Can't even see the crack unless you tilt it properly in the right light. It's never left our house or living room for that matter and is barely even used for other than for solitaire and 1 other app!

It's Apple, so they can get away with it but it's nuts. I guess it's like the $300 oil change for a Mercedes. I had AC+ for 18 months but it seemed a waste considering the use it gets.

SORRY! I just had to vent. Guess I'll put on a screen protector and live with it. @MODS. Feel free to delete! :D :D

• Wow
Reactions: sracer and Wizec

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
$400 bucks! :( The screen of my Mini 6 has a very fine crack in it from, of all things, removing a case! Guess I slightly bent it removing the case recently. Can't even see the crack unless you tilt it properly in the right light. It's never left our house or living room for that matter and is barely even used for other than for solitaire and 1 other app!

It's Apple, so they can get away with it but it's nuts. I guess it's like the $300 oil change for a Mercedes. I had AC+ for 18 months but it seemed a waste considering the use it gets.

SORRY! I just had to vent. Guess I'll put on a screen protector and live with it. @MODS. Feel free to delete! :D :D
How much do independent shops charge when using official Apple parts?

culo77

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
Chicago
Vent all you like, we feel your pain that is some serious cash.

Option if you don't find a cheaper place. You can get iPad mini 6 on sale now for $399 and sell your cracked one.

Reactions: sracer

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
How much do independent shops charge when using official Apple parts?
AFAIK there are no “official Apple parts” for an iPad display. Apple just swaps it out for any repair, even battery. Which is why you can’t even get a “paid” battery repair unless your old battery is at below 80% on Apple’s measurement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.