Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randomdude83

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2022
I’ve gotten a new iPad mini 6 and I have been having weird glitches that I’m not positive if it’s just iPad OS or hardware.

For starters, every time I navigate macrumors own form in safari on the iPad, that particular page will keep reloading and reloading on its own until it gives me error of unable to load page due to problems.

Testing the same page on chrome iPad does not have issues.

Second issue, I have a USBC hub from anker that keeps displaying not charging on the iPad even though it sort of does but super slow.

The hub is connected and mirrors to a monitor.

A MacBook 13” with the same hub charges just fine. iPad mini unable to charge and stream to monitor at the same time maybe?

any mini 6 owners out there experienced any of this?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I’ve gotten a new iPad mini 6 and I have been having weird glitches that I’m not positive if it’s just iPad OS or hardware.

For starters, every time I navigate macrumors own form in safari on the iPad, that particular page will keep reloading and reloading on its own until it gives me error of unable to load page due to problems.

Second issue, I have a USBC hub from anker that keeps displaying not charging on the iPad even though it sort of does but super slow.

The hub is connected and mirrors to a monitor.

A MacBook 13” with the same hub charges just fine. iPad mini unable to charge and stream to monitor at the same time maybe?

any mini 6 owners out there experienced any of this?

I've had a similar issue with an Anker hub and a 2021 12.9 Pro - I kept having to plug & unplug it before it would show as charging the iPad (the hub was connected to a high wattage charger). It would happen even with nothing else connected to the hub.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5

I was having the same issue with the MacRumors website with Safari- but not other browsers- on one of my Macs. It was not getting stuck in that reloading loop every time but often... and seemingly unpredictable. Try it one minute and it would do it... over and over if I tried reloading for a while. Go away and come back later and it would load normally. I also had situations where it would load but if I scrolled down the home page quickly, it would then do the reloading loop until "unable to load."

I suspect there's something occasionally injected on the home page that causes this and Safari (on more than just iPad) can't handle it properly.

I reported it to MacRumors and have since just "come back later" when it happens... or change to another browser if I feel a need to access right now.

I noticed the same general situation with the Bleacher Report website for a while though, whatever it was there, seems resolved for the last few weeks.

So I don't think it's your iPad. Instead I think there's some component- maybe advertising related since that is a content type that varies hour to hour and day to day on websites- that Safari can't seem to handle properly. Could be Safari. Could be something in that component code.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I would check the ad blocker in Safari (if used), and disable it to see if it makes any difference. I had web page issues with my ad blocker, and reinstalling it solved it.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.