Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackblack123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
Hi,
I have many other ipads including Air 3rd/4th Gen , 12.9 5th gen and mini 5th ,6th gen.

There is specific problem seen in ipad mini 6 compared to other ipads, When the cover is folded to the back at a specific area the screen gets locked

Obviously the auto lock should only happen When folded to the front

The case i use the the Zugu case for ipads. So i tried the apple smart folio. All shows this behavior

Please can you guys check and confirm its generic to ipad mini 6 or it warrants to get a replacement under my apple care plus

I am attaching the video of the problem : The case if folded back to the ipad and when it is in a specific position at the back its triggering the lock

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
I can't get my Mini 6 with Apple smart folio to lock like that, and I tried pushing, twisting, shifting the smart folio around like your video.
Never had it lock unexpectedly, except when I push the touchID button by mistake.

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
It just means the magnet in your case is poorly designed. Use another case.

jackblack123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
It just means the magnet in your case is poorly designed. Use another case.
I tried it with other cases including smart folio from apple. Seems that it is specific to my ipad. Apple Store then….

jackblack123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
So there is something wrong with the magnets / sensors on the ipad itself. I can live with this for a while and then its to the apple store
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.