Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taneff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
Hi,

just got the Mini 6 and am very happy. But the Power Button with Touch ID is wiggling quite a lot and seems a bit loose. Ist this normal, because of TouchID? It is not steady at all.

If you guys don't have this problem, should I return it? I am disappointed about this. Never had a real problem with a new Apple device before.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
Try one out at an Apple store!
Good rule of thumb is if you are unhappy then return it.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
Hi,

just got the Mini 6 and am very happy. But the Power Button with Touch ID is wiggling quite a lot and seems a bit loose. Ist this normal, because of TouchID? It is not steady at all.

If you guys don't have this problem, should I return it? I am disappointed about this. Never had a real problem with a new Apple device before.
Exchange it immediately.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
Update: Just got mine today, the power button and touch ID does feel a very, slightly, tadly loose, but I don’t really care enough to return it. But I know what you mean. (You’re not the only one)

Reactions: taneff

LowerWolf

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2022
Got my Mini 6 this week and my power button wiggles a bit.

I went to the Apple store and nearly every display iPad (Mini or otherwise) was about the same as mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.