Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

revs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
UK
I've noticed a few times on my wifes iPad Mini 6 that she has trouble finding things on a website, only to realise that it's zoomed in slightly, and we need to pinch to zoom out to see the full page without scrolling side to side.

I've seen it happen a few times, she is not zooming in herself, it's the default way it's rendering.

Is this normal on the iPad Mini 6 for some reason?

I might have installed a content blocker, and thats all I can think of that may be causing it if it's not normal.

Reactions: alien3dx

revs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
UK
It's not that unfortunately.

Could just be that the iPad mini has an odd dimension and the websites have bad rules on responsive design.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Could just be that the iPad mini has an odd dimension and the websites have bad rules on responsive design.

There is some of this but no way to fix that with responses/tips here. You would need to contact webmasters and/or responsive design platforms and get them to better target iPad mini screen size.

Best practical solution is to rotate the mini to create more horizontal screen RE for those sites. That gives responsive designs that don't work well with mini in portrait a different screen width to target. I find that simple flips like that quickly deal with just about all websites.

Else, if it is really troubling, another iPad size may be the better option. Go to a store and use demo units to visit all of the sites she likes that does this to be sure another screen size handles all of those sites well. Then buy that iPad.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.