Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I have a 14 Pro Max, iPad mini 6 (cellular service) and iPad Pro 12.9. I do not work from home anymore, so my 12.9 Pro is used as my main personal computer at home, similar to a laptop. My iPhone and Mini 6 go everywhere with me. I use my iPad Mini out in public the most. My life consist of sitting after work at kids games, or practices as I have 3 kids playing multiple sports. I LOVE having an iPad Mini and use it more than any of my other devices.
Yep. I have two kids in multiple music activities and one of them plays soccer year round, so I spend a lot of time waiting around for them to be done with practices, lessons, etc. Because I do so much running around, I get cellular on my Apple Watches and I've gone back to it with my mini 6. Sometimes I even leave both at home and just take my watch and wallet. Perfect combo of devices for the chauffeur of 2022! ;)

d3vp0ll

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
NY
So how’s it going now? Do you leave your 11 at home mostly? How’s carrying a mini in the real world? Instead of a phone?
I made the right choice (for me), my iPad mini has become my primary device at home. Four months later, I don’t know how I lived without it.

I hardly ever used my iPhone 11, and I started a new job and I go into the office a couple days a week. I still just wear my LTE Series 8 and most often leave my phone at home. The iPad Mini also stays home, it has never left my house.

I got so used to this way of computing I swapped phones with my daughter who was complaining her 2020 SE was too slow and small. I didn’t care since I am never on my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.