Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I called my Best Buy and they confirmed they are opening at 8AM to sell the new iPads on Friday. They seem to be expecting a huge crowd which surprises me since many have preordered and many more are waiting for the 3G/lte versions.
I'm going to go and get one but I can't believe the crowds will be that great. If it were closer to xmas say like on BF maybe so but I shall see. I don't want to go too late to get the black 32GB model I want so I will be there at 8. I'm not going to stand in line for an hour or so when the temp is going to be in the 30's though.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I called my Best Buy and they confirmed they are opening at 8AM to sell the new iPads on Friday. They seem to be expecting a huge crowd which surprises me since many have preordered and many more are waiting for the 3G/lte versions.
I'm going to go and get one but I can't believe the crowds will be that great. If it were closer to xmas say like on BF maybe so but I shall see. I don't want to go too late to get the black 32GB model I want so I will be there at 8. I'm not going to stand in line for an hour or so when the temp is going to be in the 30's though.

I agree with you. There's no way the lines will be crazy at BB. I'll be heading down around 5am just to be safe though. Like you, I'm looking to get a Black 32 so I want to make sure I get the model I want.

skywest153

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Went to my local Best Buy tonight to look at another product. In the process, they had the cage filled with about 10 iPad Mini's ready to go for tomorrow.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
iPad 3 had no lines....
Why would people line up for iPad mini at best buy?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
iPad 3 had no lines....

No lines, really? Mine had quite the line when the 3rd gen came out. I'd guess 30-40 people.

Last edited:

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
I have a friend that works at Best Buy, yes they have asked them to come in early just for the apple release

She has to be at work at 7 AM. So, they do expect lines. if not at least a lot of people will be there for the 8 AM opening.

ALMF

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
iPad 3 had no lines....

Two different products. There are people out there interested in the Mini and not the New iPad. All the web chatter kinda hints to maybe lines at some locations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.