Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
My wife has an Apple Watch SE and tried to do a Fitness+ workout on her iPad Mini 4. She clicks the button to start the workout, but it then just says it's searching for her Apple Watch for ages until eventually saying it can't find it. Can anyone help with this issue?

I have an AW6 and when I do a Fitness+ workout on my iPad Pro 11" the watch is found immediately when I start the workout.

For reference, all my wife's operating systems are up to date, bluetooth is turned on for all devices (the watch is connected to her iPhone) and are all on the same wifi network if that matters. All devices are also signed into her Apple ID.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
That's strange, I had a similar issue but was resolved by verifying bluetooth was turned on the iPad and the Apple Watch in settings, it 100% bluetooth that connects the two per Apple's site:

"Make sure that you're signed in with your correct Apple ID and that Bluetooth is enabled on all devices."

Have you restarted both devices?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.