Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usbwire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2021
anyone have the latest mini and use it to read manga? Is it worth it compared to reading manga on your phone? Ofc it would be used for other things too. :p

Just really in the manga reading mood.

Also is the mini comfortable in bed?

prwnr

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2020
anyone have the latest mini and use it to read manga? Is it worth it compared to reading manga on your phone? Ofc it would be used for other things too. :p

Just really in the manga reading mood.

Also is the mini comfortable in bed?
it has a size of a manga volume, so it’s really comfortable in a hand (easy to hold in one hand).
it’s much better to read anything than on a phone - cause it’s bigger obviously.

i had a mini 6 for ebooks and loved the size (changed it for Air tho, but due to the usage for handwriting and the need for bigger screen for this)

Reactions: usbwire

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
The mini 6 is very good for reading manga in portrait.

I prefer reading in 2-page mode though so I tend to reach for the 11" more.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
By and large the Mini is a great reader but there is one knock on it - the lack of bezels. My palm covers up part of the screen when I hold it. Overall I do like it, and its a great tablet.

Zorori

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2017
FDB8BE34-59D9-4F6A-A492-963A3DF225C5.png

Perfect, it’s basically the same as a physical volume

I find the 12.9 not as great as you’d expect. Official scans often aren’t done at high resolutions, so text can get a bit blurry

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I’ve been pleasantly surprised, but this has become one of the primary uses of my iPad mini. I use Comixology mostly and in portrait it’s very comfortable with its aspect ratio. Side-by%side horizontal view is a bit small, but I only use it when there is a dual page pane to be viewed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.