Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Does anyone use their iPad mini “naked” as in without a case? I do usually have mine in a case but take it out every now and again and it’s so slim and small it feels really good using without a case.

Does anyone use theirs “naked”? Perhaps keeping it in a sleeve would be the best of both worlds? If Apple brought out a leather sleeve like they have done for the new Pro’s it’d be awesome!

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I carry mine naked in a backpack or use it at home. Dropped it between the seats in my car a few times where it hit the metal rails under the seats, but no damage. I don't like cases personally. I do use one on my iPhone 7 plus, but it is a super thin, translucent cover that is barely there. Thinnest you can get. They way I look at it is why buy the thinnest device available just to bulk it up with a case and make it thick again?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
I carry mine naked in a backpack or use it at home. Dropped it between the seats in my car a few times where it hit the metal rails under the seats, but no damage. I don't like cases personally. I do use one on my iPhone 7 plus, but it is a super thin, translucent cover that is barely there. Thinnest you can get. They way I look at it is why buy the thinnest device available just to bulk it up with a case and make it thick again?

I have this pocket in my backpack. I'm going to give it a go if just keeping it there. Which iPhone 7 plus case are you using?

392dd501da1475a71599405b6015e938.jpg

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I have this pocket in my backpack. I'm going to give it a go if just keeping it there. Which iPhone 7 plus case are you using?

392dd501da1475a71599405b6015e938.jpg

That is what I have in my backpack as well. For an iPhone case I am using the Tozo case.

https://www.amazon.com/TOZO-Case-iP...7&sr=8-1&keywords=tozo+for+iphone+7+plus+case

Pretty cheap. I buy two at a time and replace them when they get worn. The covers are so thin that sometimes they begin to loose shape on the sides near the buttons.

Reactions: AVBeatMan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.