Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
At opening, I remember the iPad 2 wasn't aloud to be sold until 5PM local time. Completely pointless.

i wish it was still like that. I pre-ordered mine last year, and it killed me that my buddies who didnt had one before me.
I believe they are starting at 8 AM.
my pre-order is supposed to be here before 3 PM.
Ill just sit outside my house like a crazy person.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
i wish it was still like that. I pre-ordered mine last year, and it killed me that my buddies who didnt had one before me.
I believe they are starting at 8 AM.
my pre-order is supposed to be here before 3 PM.
Ill just sit outside my house like a crazy person.

If it really bugs you (which I know that feeling) you can have FedEx hold the package and you can pick it up in the morning.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If it really bugs you (which I know that feeling) you can have FedEx hold the package and you can pick it up in the morning.

Seem like a good idea. My iPad Mini is going to be delivered via UPS. But with MyChoice I can have the package be left at the facility and I can go to the facility myself and pick it up. So therefore, I don't have to wait till the afternoon for UPS to come.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Seem like a good idea. My iPad Mini is going to be delivered via UPS. But with MyChoice I can have the package be left at the facility and I can go to the facility myself and pick it up. So therefore, I don't have to wait till the afternoon for UPS to come.

This method does work, I've done it on a few Apple launches. :p

I didn't preorder, so I'll be getting to Best Buy at around 6:30AM (they open at 8) and hopefully I can pick one up. :p

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010

I read about this on their site, it says that it will be available the DAY AFTER the expceted delivery date....
But with everyone doing it..ill look into it more. Thanks for the the advice! i just might do it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.