Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Hi,

I recently purchased an iPad Mini Retina (1st time owner!) and would appreciate any feedback about if it's a good idea to protect the device, for example with a cover, if you're just using it at home. Thanks!

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Hi,

I recently purchased an iPad Mini Retina (1st time owner!) and would appreciate any feedback about if it's a good idea to protect the device, for example with a cover, if you're just using it at home. Thanks!

Congrats! I went from the full size iPad to the rMini and really like the change. Personally, I think it's kind of slippery without a cover, so I use one all the time. So, by now, I have a bunch of covers. One of the lightest and best feeling to hold is the good old Apple Smart Cover. (The Canvas mentioned earlier is also a very good choice)

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
Really depends on you. Mine gets more dirty from use than sitting around so covers don't help keeping it clean. I don't drop mine and most surfaces are soft, so covers don't help with protection. I'm usually holding mine so covers don't help with holding angles. My wife is the opposite with most of these, so she got one the first day.

Since it's your first, I'd go with a low cost one then see if you use it.

Last edited:

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm a novice to using an iPad and trying to determine what cover/cases to purchase for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.