Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

9Benua

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy iPad Mini Retina at bestbuy. They only have the Verizon & AT&T ver. I'm planning to use it with T-mobile free 200mb data. Do I need to get the T-mobile ver. or can I just buy any ver. popped the Tmobile simcard & expecting it to work?

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy iPad Mini Retina at bestbuy. They only have the Verizon & AT&T ver. I'm planning to use it with T-mobile free 200mb data. Do I need to get the T-mobile ver. or can I just buy any ver. popped the Tmobile simcard & expecting it to work?

They're all unlocked. I did the exact scenario yesterday. Bought a 64gb Verizon rMini and put in an unactivated tmobile sim. Went into the settings menu and signed up for the free data.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
That's right, unlocked. I bought a Verizon Mini because it it usable with the most carriers and Verizon would have no problem activating it. Turns out that I don't get a signal at my house and can only get very weak LTE in my basement. I am back to using T-Mobile with it.

Nice to have choices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.