Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbflip2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
Reviews for iPhone 5 came out on the Tuesday before release at 9 PM Est. Safe to assume reviews will be out at 9 again?

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
iPad 3 came out on March 16th. Reviews showed up March 14th.
The thing is, the iPad mini was announced a full day earlier. So we might see reviews a few day earlier. I wouldn't be surprised, though, to see reviews become available only on Thursday (Europe), or Wednesday evening (US).

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
I'm curious as well.

Reviews for the Nook HD are appearing online today- (perhaps as a determent or just to hype awareness) very favorable.
It seems to stack up quite nicely.
Sure there is a knock on the apps/video store- but at this size you're are looking for a nice light portable e-reader that does a bit more in a pinch.

IMO- it's a worthy contender that has been getting overlooked.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
The thing is, the iPad mini was announced a full day earlier. So we might see reviews a few day earlier. I wouldn't be surprised, though, to see reviews become available only on Thursday (Europe), or Wednesday evening (US).

What do you mean a full day earlier? I'm just referring to the 2 day difference. The mini is releasing this Friday so the reviews should be up by Wednesday some time.

brig2221

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2010
Can anyone tell me the name of the 2D side-scrolling action game that was being played on the Verge video review?

The game looked like awesome fun! I want to download it, but I have no idea what it is. Help would be greatly appreciated!

PezRadar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Can anyone tell me the name of the 2D side-scrolling action game that was being played on the Verge video review?

The game looked like awesome fun! I want to download it, but I have no idea what it is. Help would be greatly appreciated!

PunchQuest

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012

"Sadly, the Mini doesn’t gain Apple’s supercrisp Retina display. Nobody’s going to complain about the sharpness — it packs in 163 pixels per inch (ppi) — but it’s not the same jaw-dropping resolution as the big iPad (264 ppi). Gotta hold something back for next year’s model, right? "

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
"Sadly, the Mini doesn’t gain Apple’s supercrisp Retina display. Nobody’s going to complain about the sharpness — it packs in 163 pixels per inch (ppi) — but it’s not the same jaw-dropping resolution as the big iPad (264 ppi). Gotta hold something back for next year’s model, right? "

I read the whole review. I was never going to post the whole review. So I posted the conclusion. People can read additional details for themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.