Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yazounet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
Hey everyone
I am trying to find a stylus for my ipad mini for annotating pdfs and taking notes. Would you have any suggestions? I have been searching for adonit jot pro ( the transparent disc annoyed me a lot) truglide apex ( there was a thread for that and the writing experience was very bad according to the pictures) bamboo stylus (whic is genuinely for the galaxy tabs i think?!) anyways would you have any suggestions of fine point styli for my ipad mini 1st gen?

Your answers are appreciated :) thanks

yazounet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
Oh i forgot to mention that i am using goodreader for pdf annotating :)

yazounet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
you keep mention the model of the iPad just so you know the stliys are universal for all iPads and most other touch screen devices

Having understood what you said, but there have been tons of issues concerning some styli working on previous gens and not on ipad air and rmini. So thats why. Thank you for your concern but doesnt answer my question tho.

jcborden

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Having understood what you said, but there have been tons of issues concerning some styli working on previous gens and not on ipad air and rmini. So thats why. Thank you for your concern but doesnt answer my question tho.

You are right there are definitely issues with some stylus on the rMini and iPad Air, which worked well with previous versions.

I have been using the Kuel H10 which has a smaller rubber tip, but works very well on all iPads. It is relatively cheap as well. I do have the TruGlide Apex on order as well (backed on Kickstarter)...

I have tried the likes of the Bamboo and Jot Pro but just didn't get on with them.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
I think you should give the Jot Script a try if you don't like the disc on the Jot Pro/Touch. It's not quite as precise at full screen with no zoom, but if you zoom in and/or use a zoom box for writing it is very good. There is some offset, but this should continue to be improved via the SDK (as it has been to some extent already).

Things I don't like about the Trueglide Apex and it's many variants are - poor reported battery life so far, use of an unusual battery size, a tip that deflects as opposed to the Script's which feels like a real pen, and no SDK so no way to improve the performance over time.

kalahukassa

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2016
Sangatta
Over an year has passed since last reply, and thread doesnt offer an answer. How is the stylus market today. Im also looking for; finepoint, accurate pen like stylus for annotation on OneNote app.
Any recommendations for iPad mini?

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
This cannot be done. It is a limitation of the screen being capacitive. I have the original Pencil by FiftyThree and it is the best stylus, but I would never, ever, dream of writing notes with it. A signature and a circle are about the best you can hope for.

I have the original Surface Pro with Wacom digitiser and Wacom Bamboo Feel Stylus which was great - especially since Microsoft is so advanced in handwriting recognition.

I have the iPad Mini 4 and look forward to getting an iPad Pro, preferably a Mini but otherwise the next 9.7". I will keep my Mini as the size is so great.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I had the Adonit Jot Dash when I had my Air 2. It doesn't need to connect with Bluetooth, great battery life, fairly accurate and relatively inexpensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.