Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I've always like to have my iPad in a thin back case (TPU) with a smart cover. That way, when I'm using my iPad, I can just remove the smart cover and my iPad is still protected. Are there any back covers available that are compatible with the smart cover? There are a lot of them on eBay, but I don't think that they are compatible with the smart covers.

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Thanks, but this would cost 30$+ I guess. The ones I bought on ebay were less than 10$ and did the job well. I don't wanna spend too much since I would have to buy the smart cover on top of that.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I looked on incipio's website and they just show the Feather. It has no opening on the left side to accommodate the Smart Cover. There is no mention of a Smart Feather :(

Sorry about that. I posted the wrong one.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Why don't you wait a couple of weeks after the iPad mini is released and let other people be the guinea pigs? Case manufacturers are notorious these days for jumping the gun. There are always a few cases out there in the beginning that don't fit correctly. I'm sure you'll hear about it on these forums.

Kelsey31

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Ipad Mini TPU case

I've always like to have my iPad in a thin back case (TPU) with a smart cover. That way, when I'm using my iPad, I can just remove the smart cover and my iPad is still protected. Are there any back covers available that are compatible with the smart cover? There are a lot of them on eBay, but I don't think that they are compatible with the smart covers.

I was searching for the exact thing to go with my new mini and smart cover. Here's what I found and also the link to find it on Amazon.

i-Blason Apple iPad Mini Smart Cover Compatible Back Cover SoftGel TPU back case (Front Smart Cover Not Included, Back cover Only) Frost Clear

http://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-Appl...9930&sr=8-13&keywords=i+blason+ipad+mini+case

Hope this is what you are looking for. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.