Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hpman247

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
So, I spoke to my local store, talked to chat, even called in to ask about the prepaid options on the iPad Mini. I was told each time that there are only monthly prepaid options for the iPad Mini.

According to their website and press release from last year, however, this is not the case.

I don't have verizon service, as I am an AT&T customer, but I want the option to use Verizon's data services should I be in an area that AT&T doesn't service, such as my grandparents home over the holidays.

I specifically asked about the 300MB Daily plan, and constantly told that it was impossible to do that on iPad. I knew they had to be wrong, even with all the conflicting information I was seeing, so I bought the damn Mini anyway to test. If I wasn't able, I would just send it back.

So, I just received it, and lo and behold, the 300MB daily option is there, and I just purchased it and it's working fine! Personal Hotspot too, and it doesn't auto renew like the monthly plans, per their ToS (I read them).

So anyone else who was confused about this, just wanted to let you know. And as usual, I know more about these corporations than their employees do. It's a sad state of affairs.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.