Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMarkypad

macrumors member
May 3, 2022
I've always loved iPad Mini's. For me it's the portability that's the main thing. I take mine into the office with me. It's so small it's easy to carry around.
Do you not want the screen to be bigger? Obviously the best thing about the 12.9 ipad is the screen size, the only reason I havent considered a mini is due to the screen size. I feel like its just a plus iphone.

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
As others said the pricing in the UK for the mini is horrendous, after all this time, it's a rip off to pay the retail price. I'm also trying to catch a deal especially on amazon warehouse deals since i have gift card. However, best deals seem to be on eBay.

For our case, we're planning to use it in the bed with a tablet holder attached to headboard to watch movies mostly and i'm planning to take notes on it and carry on travels.

sublunar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Do you not want the screen to be bigger? Obviously the best thing about the 12.9 ipad is the screen size, the only reason I havent considered a mini is due to the screen size. I feel like its just a plus iphone.
There’s the weight issue too, i would consider the 12.9” to be way too bulky for casual use after using one for a while - the 11” pro which I previously had is just about ok in terms of differentiating from laptops.

I’ve not tried a mini but it would definitely be lighter than both of the pros and I’d suspect a process shrink m3 might allow reasonable enough battery life to make an iPad Pro spec device possible in smaller (cheaper) format.

A pro max iPhone for example would be quite pricey in comparison.

DeepSix

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2022
It’s only worth it if you buy more than 10 of them. Buying just one or two is pointless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.