Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
It would be nice to get adobe Photoshop

I use photoshop a lot. I plan to get an iPad. But, I have little use for photoshop on the iPad. Why? The files I work on in photoshop are huge. They'd not only fill up the memory quickly, they'd bog-down the machine. Plus, 1024 x 768 just isn't enough resolution to do anything very productive with photoshop. Photoshop often calls for a great deal of precise work (I favor a wacom pad for that), that's kind of hard with your fingers. I'll stick to doing my photoshop work on my desktop.

Maybe there is some use for an iPad optimized photoshop-like simple image editing program (so you could do some simple image editing to insert photos into some of the iWork apps) but it would look quite a bit different than photoshop. I'm sure there will be a wide array of such programs...

Juventuz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2002
Binghamton
I'm excited about comic readers on the iPad as well. Currently, I use ComicReader.mobi because of the excellent dynamic zoom feature, but this is unneeded on the iPad, so something more full featured will be nice. The social features of PanelFly look neat, but it sounds like you are limited to the comics you can (and do) buy through their store. I want to be able to read my own files as well as buy new ones in a comic app. I've got no problem paying for eComics, but lots of stuff isn't available that way and I'd like to be able consolidate all my comics in one app.

Try ComicBookLover, it's a great Mac desktop app and they currently have a free iPhone app that sync's flawlessly with the desktop app (for transferring your cbr/cbz files). They've also announced that they'll have an iPad app as well.

G4R2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2006
According to Gizmodo, it seems that Crestron will be creating a home automation app for the iPad:

Crestron is one of the biggest names behind home automation. They've already released an iPhone app, allowing you to control your "AV systems, lighting, shades, room temperatures and more" from your phone. Now that app is coming to the iPad.

Just like with the iPhone version, iPad users will be able to interact with their Crestron systems over Wi-Fi, 3G and Edge. Here's what the interface loos like on the iPhone (the iPad version should be identical).

500x_crestappipad.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5475869/crestron-home-automation-systems-are-now-ipad-compatible

Bytor65

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2010
Canada
Try ComicBookLover, it's a great Mac desktop app and they currently have a free iPhone app that sync's flawlessly with the desktop app (for transferring your cbr/cbz files). They've also announced that they'll have an iPad app as well.

What are the options for getting cbr/cbz files onto an iPad if you own a PC and not a mac?

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
What are the options for getting cbr/cbz files onto an iPad if you own a PC and not a mac?

ComicZeal appears to be one option. I haven't used it but it supports CBRs and CBZs, and has a Windows sync client. The website doesn't say whether they are making an iPad specific client but they'd be mad not to.

This blog post lists a few other options.

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
According to Gizmodo, it seems that Crestron will be creating a home automation app for the iPad:

Crestron is one of the biggest names behind home automation. They've already released an iPhone app, allowing you to control your "AV systems, lighting, shades, room temperatures and more" from your phone. Now that app is coming to the iPad.

Just like with the iPhone version, iPad users will be able to interact with their Crestron systems over Wi-Fi, 3G and Edge. Here's what the interface loos like on the iPhone (the iPad version should be identical).

500x_crestappipad.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5475869/crestron-home-automation-systems-are-now-ipad-compatible

uhhh... I hope they don't just scale-up the graphics like shown on this mock-up. They'd be completely missing the point of the iPad. The bigger screen isn't there to simply allow bigger buttons, it's there to make this a more capable device, and richer experience.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
uhhh... I hope they don't just scale-up the graphics like shown on this mock-up. They'd be completely missing the point of the iPad. The bigger screen isn't there to simply allow bigger buttons, it's there to make this a more capable device, and richer experience.

Exactly! I would very much expect them to put a little more thought into this than just scale things up. Maybe on an iPad version you'll be able to see the floorplan of your house/condo and then jump into a specific room in order to control your devices in there. The user-control experience should be much nicer on an iPad, as compared to an iPhone/iPod Touch.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I could probably see Adobe updating their Photoshop Mobile app for the iPad. Maybe change the UI a bit, but you definitely won't get in depth features.

Lovin' the 1Password on the iPad too...talk about easy web surfing...

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
I want Adobe Illustrator. Or some sort of decent drawing program. Too much to hope for though probably.

Given the state of corporate relationships, Adobe will likely create the full suite of Photo Shop, Illustrator etc , making it revolutionary experience on the iPad.

Out of spite they will also code the whole thing in Flash, then make a press release for it that ends with "Pending Approval by Apple"

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
I use 1Password as well. Looking forward to the iPad version. The screenshots look great.

I prefer Wallet , because of the great desktop counterpart and it's tie back to mobile me.

Initial thoughts for an iPad app wish list:
Navigon (it would be nice if they made an iPad car dock)
Omnifocus
Things;
or ToDo if they get their act together with a desktop app
Checkbook
Sling Player
Lots of Games

If current Mac OS X developers jump on board I would like to see:
Together
Omnioutliner (already announced)
FileChute (FTP utility)
HotPlan
Journler
FirstEdge
MS Office for iPad

If Apple keeps porting over apps:
iWeb

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
I use ComicZeal on iPhone right now, and that app is great.

I also would love iWeb on iPad :).

As a developer, I am hoping to make a universal binary for my two apps, Local LTD and the MedMem suite of Apps. I am still working on the family edition of MedMem for iPhone, hopefully I'll finish that this week.

Then I'll go back to working on my Local LTD for the iPad. So far it's looking awesome, and will be a free upgrade to anyone who owns the iPhone version. That's the benefit of the universal binary ;-).

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I sent a suggestion to Acrylic Software to see if they might port Times over to the iPad...I think that would be a HUGE win in terms of RSS reader with the type of UI it already uses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.