Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Seems like recently When Transfering photos and videos from my SD card to Ipad Pro 11 Files app during this beta will randomly corrupt some files. I double checked my copy to my Windows PC and my SSD Gdrive USB C 1tb and it seems that the Ipad os files app is corrupting files. My only choice now to safely get files to my SSD is now

A6400 SD card to PC to Gdrive then to Ipad Pro 11, no corruption

But If I do

A6400 SD card to Ipad Pro 11 then to GDrive I get random corrupted videos and also in addition I some videos on my A6400 card gets corrupted also

Two_One_Se7en

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2020
Seems like recently When Transfering photos and videos from my SD card to Ipad Pro 11 Files app during this beta will randomly corrupt some files. I double checked my copy to my Windows PC and my SSD Gdrive USB C 1tb and it seems that the Ipad os files app is corrupting files. My only choice now to safely get files to my SSD is now

A6400 SD card to PC to Gdrive then to Ipad Pro 11, no corruption

But If I do

A6400 SD card to Ipad Pro 11 then to GDrive I get random corrupted videos and also in addition I some videos on my A6400 card gets corrupted also

Hello, I just stumbled upon this post after searching for the EXACT same issues happening to me. My workflow was extremely solid using this same method for video and audio, until 13.4 public release. Now I have issue after issue. Files app is copying files over but butchering them in the process. And this last time it corrupted a video file bad enough that it wouldn’t even be recognized in the camera anymore either. Toasted.
Have you see any improvements at all?
13.4.1 didn’t fix anything. I have a brand new hub and brand new SSD. Neither fixed the problem. So it’s definitely iPadOS and the Files app doing it.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Hello, I just stumbled upon this post after searching for the EXACT same issues happening to me. My workflow was extremely solid using this same method for video and audio, until 13.4 public release. Now I have issue after issue. Files app is copying files over but butchering them in the process. And this last time it corrupted a video file bad enough that it wouldn’t even be recognized in the camera anymore either. Toasted.
Have you see any improvements at all?
13.4.1 didn’t fix anything. I have a brand new hub and brand new SSD. Neither fixed the problem. So it’s definitely iPadOS and the Files app doing it.
nope I'm on 13.4 5 and still awful I literally have to do so many work around, when I get home I'm going to test out what the other dude told me to try out, what I'm wondering is if Apple doesn't like the way Sony formats their cards

Two_One_Se7en

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2020
nope I'm on 13.4 5 and still awful I literally have to do so many work around, when I get home I'm going to test out what the other dude told me to try out, what I'm wondering is if Apple doesn't like the way Sony formats their cards
This isn’t a Sony only problem. I’m getting it from Canon as well. Which is supposed to be one of the friendliest with iOS/iPadOS. Like I said, my setup was rock solid until 13.4 hit. I sent them a bug report but I’m sure it’s fallen on def ears. This is a HUGE issue though.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
This isn’t a Sony only problem. I’m getting it from Canon as well. Which is supposed to be one of the friendliest with iOS/iPadOS. Like I said, my setup was rock solid until 13.4 hit. I sent them a bug report but I’m sure it’s fallen on def ears. This is a HUGE issue though.
I got like 30 feedback no responses I'm waiting for a YouTuber or someone to announce it or at least help out

Two_One_Se7en

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2020
I got like 30 feedback no responses I'm waiting for a YouTuber or someone to announce it or at least help out
I’ve got Androu from LumaTouch helping me out. He was running some tests. Tried to mimic the same exact workflow as me. He’s not having the same issue that we are, but he’s having an issue of files over 3gb giving him trouble now.
When I go from SDXC cards into either of my hubs that also hosts my T5 SSD (new and freshly formatted)... and I copy files over... the video files randomly skip and hang. If I copy them straight to the camera roll, zero issue.
Audio files were also messed up. I had an audio track where it would get random spikes of loud static over modulation. Almost like radio interference. But the native files aren’t corrupted. iPadOS is doing this.
And then this week when trying to copy a file over to the SSD, it corrupted the MP4 on the actual SD card. It’s hosed. Nothing recognizes it now.
I wish I could go back to iPadOS 13.3.1. I like mouse support but it’s not worth it.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
y
I’ve got Androu from LumaTouch helping me out. He was running some tests. Tried to mimic the same exact workflow as me. He’s not having the same issue that we are, but he’s having an issue of files over 3gb giving him trouble now.
When I go from SDXC cards into either of my hubs that also hosts my T5 SSD (new and freshly formatted)... and I copy files over... the video files randomly skip and hang. If I copy them straight to the camera roll, zero issue.
Audio files were also messed up. I had an audio track where it would get random spikes of loud static over modulation. Almost like radio interference. But the native files aren’t corrupted. iPadOS is doing this.
And then this week when trying to copy a file over to the SSD, it corrupted the MP4 on the actual SD card. It’s hosed. Nothing recognizes it now.
I wish I could go back to iPadOS 13.3.1. I like mouse support but it’s not worth it.
you hit the nail on the head what I have been having issues with, also for photos app files will corrupt over 4.29gb by my experience

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...rupt-my-cameras-sd-card.2230392/post-28357435 I have done my testing here

Reactions: Two_One_Se7en

Two_One_Se7en

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2020
I wonder if maybe trying a complete wipe, and fresh install of everything would be beneficial. I’m not in a place where I can risk that. Is that something you could try?

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
I wonder if maybe trying a complete wipe, and fresh install of everything would be beneficial. I’m not in a place where I can risk that. Is that something you could try?
I can't sadly my work is in it and I can't risk my lively hood at the moment to reset my iPad just for my hobbies

Two_One_Se7en

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2020
I can't sadly my work is in it and I can't risk my lively hood at the moment to reset my iPad just for my hobbies
I’m in the same boat. Side work at home on my 2018 11” Pro but it’s updated to crappy 13.4. My day job 2018 Pro 12.9 still has 13.3.1 on it and it’s staying there.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
I’m in the same boat. Side work at home on my 2018 11” Pro but it’s updated to crappy 13.4. My day job 2018 Pro 12.9 still has 13.3.1 on it and it’s staying there.
i did it will start testing soon , i backed up on my ssd and icloud backup

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Awesome man. Keep us updated!
welp nope it didn’t work at least from SD card to Files app to Photos app still got grey photos will keep testing to see if sd card gets corrupted
449EF86C-BAFE-4A86-A3E3-1E31E85624D4.png

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
updating, I have yet to try this; but if you guys are having same issue as I am and own a mac computer unlike me, Try Rebuilding Photo Database. I have a feeling because of how sony names their photos exactly the same no matter if it fills up on 100 and 101 you start over. Apple's File System at least for IOS and Ipad OS is so complete garbage that it will literally overwrite the new photo with even a deleted old photo just because its database is recognizing the name and id of the photo. I just want to see if someone can try this for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.