Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I don't think the dock is missing, it is clearly on the external display. I can't say if there's also a dock on the iPad that would be hidden in this picture because of the full screen app. Maybe someone who has iPadOS 16 beta could confirm

Capture d’écran, le 2022-06-07 à 11.12.02.png

SweetPeaRevenge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Coventry, RI
I don't think the dock is missing, it is clearly on the external display. I can't say if there's also a dock on the iPad that would be hidden in this picture because of the full screen app. Maybe someone who has iPadOS 16 beta could confirm

View attachment 2015313
I was not clear in my OP. The dock remains on my iPad, as expected, but does not appear on the extended display along with the apps on the left side.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
Do you have a trackpad? I don't see why you would need/want the dock to appear on the external display unless you have a trackpad that can utilize it. You ain't poking the second screen, so it makes sense to just hide it.

jaker86

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2021
I was having this problem across multiple displays—over and under 4k. The solution I found was to go into settings, select the external display, and then change the screen zoom. Usually it was in a zoomed out mode, and by changing it to a more compact zoom I was able to view the dock and additional UX elements on the external display

SweetPeaRevenge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Coventry, RI
I was having this problem across multiple displays—over and under 4k. The solution I found was to go into settings, select the external display, and then change the screen zoom. Usually it was in a zoomed out mode, and by changing it to a more compact zoom I was able to view the dock and additional UX elements on the external display
This worked perfectly for me!

Reactions: Cbarnett202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.