Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
I have iPad OS beta installed on my iPad Pro third generation and just downloaded Swift playgrounds from the App Store to start learning Swift. Everytime I try to initiate the app my iPad freezes and I have to force restart.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I have iPad OS beta installed on my iPad Pro third generation and just downloaded Swift playgrounds from the App Store to start learning Swift. Everytime I try to initiate the app my iPad freezes and I have to force restart.
My swift playground was downloaded in iOS 12.3.1 and it worked ok for me, just cannot pick the previous playground from the “My Playground” window. But coding/debugging works fine.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
My swift playground was downloaded in iOS 12.3.1 and it worked ok for me, just cannot pick the previous playground from the “My Playground” window. But coding/debugging works fine.

I have iPadOS 13 beta and Swift Playgrounds. The beta software sometimes is very unpredictable and unexplainable. This morning Swift playgrounds is loading and running. I did not upgrade nor downgrade anything. However, it’s now working.

Last edited:

smsh

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
I have iPadOS 13 beta and Swift Playgrounds. The beta software sometimes is very unpredictable and unexplainable. This morning Swift playgrounds is loading and running. I did not upgrade nor downgrade anything. However, it’s now working.
Have you tried it on beta 2? Curious

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
What’s interesting is beta 2 has fixed Playground a big way. Now those playgrounds are visible under “my playgrounds” just like in iOS 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.