Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D1vang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
Any help or someone else Experiencing this would with a answer would be great.

I noticed that after setting up my iPad Pro 2020, I noticed that the app update badge (red dots with numbers) under App Store isn’t not updating or showing I have no apps to update like it does with my iPhone. It won’t show updates unless I manually go into the App Store under app updates and manually force a check, then it’ll show all my updates needed and show the notification badges show how many apps I need to update. My iPhone constantly shows me how many apps I have to update without me having to go into the App Store and manually updating to check if any new app updates are available.

I’ve searched and couldn’t really find this issue aside from some generic checking to see If badge settings or automatic updates are on. Badge settings do App Store are on and automatic updates is off.

If anyone has experience with this or any idea what’s causing the AppStore not to show badges to let me know there are updates, please let me know!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.