Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applegeeky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
Hi all

I know it's beta so occasional crashes etc is understandable. However it is as secure as the production versions of iOS? Meaning will it leak data or be prone to hacks etc?

Thanks!

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
You can check various threads in the forum to see if it is usable or not.
As of the security, the iOS 13 beta is jailbroken.
https://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-13-beta-demoed-by-developer/amp/
It otherwise sports the same iOS security feature from iOS 12.

Although I mostly stopped jailbreaking my iOS devices back after the iPhone 4 (iOS 4!), because it ticked off the boxes for most of the essentials without introducing unnecessary risk, I have always appreciated the ingenuity shown by the jailbreak community.

Apple have spent many, many millions of dollars with hundreds or thousands of incredibly smart people trying to making an OS that tries to avoid the traditional pitfalls of operating system security. Trying to achieve something that is perfectly unbreakable. They've mostly failed. Nearly every (or actually every? I don't keep up like I used to) version has been jailbroken to a greater (untethered) or lesser (tethered) extent.

If you have an engineering mindset you have to appreciate the sheer persistence and ingenuity of the people that keep finding these vulnerabilities.

Reactions: macintoshmac

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If you have an engineering mindset you have to appreciate the sheer persistence and ingenuity of the people that keep finding these vulnerabilities.
Yeah. Even though I never jailbreak any of my devices for any iOS, I can see how iOS is not as secure as other people think, and often envy those cool, sometimes practical, features, such as the most famous tweak Eclipse. I don’t think I lose too much by not jailbreaking as I believe some of those features will eventually be implemented into iOS.

Applegeeky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
I am eager to use as the desktop safari will help me alot. I am ok with crashes. Just worried about data leak / breach.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.