Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olly555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Does anyone know a way to filter the ads on an iPad? Tried searching on google and apple forums, but seems like no-one has resolved this issue.

A specific example I have is with a Disney colour by numbers game, my son (who's 4YO) likes to play this but seems like every ad that comes up is inappropriate -e.g. a zombie themed freemium game that start of with a woman in a bikini that barely covers her butt shooting a machine gun at a hoard of swarming monsters, or a "romance" choose your own adventure type game that starts with a scenario of a man about to go to bed with his GF when the wife walks in.

Great content for a kid who just wants to colour a picture of Minnie and Mickey (although this does happen on a few other kid games as well, this colour by numbers one is their current favourite)

Surprised if Apple has no settings for this, the rest of the parental controls (screen time, app purchasing, blocking things like iMessage and FT work great).

TIA

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Does anyone know a way to filter the ads on an iPad? Tried searching on google and apple forums, but seems like no-one has resolved this issue.

A specific example I have is with a Disney colour by numbers game, my son (who's 4YO) likes to play this but seems like every ad that comes up is inappropriate -e.g. a zombie themed freemium game that start of with a woman in a bikini that barely covers her butt shooting a machine gun at a hoard of swarming monsters, or a "romance" choose your own adventure type game that starts with a scenario of a man about to go to bed with his GF when the wife walks in.

Great content for a kid who just wants to colour a picture of Minnie and Mickey (although this does happen on a few other kid games as well, this colour by numbers one is their current favourite)

Surprised if Apple has no settings for this, the rest of the parental controls (screen time, app purchasing, blocking things like iMessage and FT work great).

TIA
The advertisement provider is at fault then. Contact the app maker and complain to them about the inappropriate advertisements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.