Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clockerjohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2024
There is one task I have to do often that I do on a computer, and I would like to switch to doing it on an iPad if possible since then I wouldn’t need to use a computer anymore. I have to open four different fillable PDF documents and enter information into them. They are application forms and I have to enter my customer’s name, phone number, email address, and mailing address. I have to enter these four different pieces of information separately, and some of them have to be entered multiple times on each document. For example, I have to enter the customer’s name three times on one document four times on another, twice on the third.

What I could do is open all four of them at the same time, then copy the customers name, then go through pasting it into each document. Then I could go back and do the same thing with the customers telephone number, and so on. My concern is that if this uses too much memory I might lose the first document by the time I finish filling out the fourth.

My second thought is I could open the documents one at a time and fill out the information, but I would hate to have to go through copying the name four different times, then the phone number four different times, etc. So in this situation I was wondering if maybe there is some type of copy/paste clipboard app that would allow me to copy all four pieces of information I need, and then click on each fillable space and specify which one I want to enter into that space?

Any thoughts or ideas?

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
You could use split screen. Open up the PDF. Then open a new note in the note app and enter the information you would need to copy. Adjust the split screen (landscape view) to your liking. Copy the name from the note, and paste it into the PDF, I use PDF Expert for viewing, creating, filing, signing, and filling out PDF forms.

PDF Expert

Reactions: Allen_Wentz

Clockerjohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2024
You could use split screen. Open up the PDF. Then open a new note in the note app and enter the information you would need to copy. Adjust the split screen (landscape view) to your liking. Copy the name from the note, and paste it into the PDF, I use PDF Expert for viewing, creating, filing, signing, and filling out PDF forms.

PDF Expert
Yes, I could do split screen or just swipe back-and-forth to the Notes app. But I would have to copy those four pieces of information each time for the four different documents. That’s 16 different times I have to highlight and copy each piece of information. I was hoping there’s a better way to do it.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
If your iPad (and app) supports it, you could use Stage Manager and have all four documents open at once on the screen.

bluebar

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
There is one task I have to do often that I do on a computer, and I would like to switch to doing it on an iPad if possible since then I wouldn’t need to use a computer anymore. I have to open four different fillable PDF documents and enter information into them. They are application forms and I have to enter my customer’s name, phone number, email address, and mailing address. I have to enter these four different pieces of information separately, and some of them have to be entered multiple times on each document. For example, I have to enter the customer’s name three times on one document four times on another, twice on the third.

What I could do is open all four of them at the same time, then copy the customers name, then go through pasting it into each document. Then I could go back and do the same thing with the customers telephone number, and so on. My concern is that if this uses too much memory I might lose the first document by the time I finish filling out the fourth.

My second thought is I could open the documents one at a time and fill out the information, but I would hate to have to go through copying the name four different times, then the phone number four different times, etc. So in this situation I was wondering if maybe there is some type of copy/paste clipboard app that would allow me to copy all four pieces of information I need, and then click on each fillable space and specify which one I want to enter into that space?

Any thoughts or ideas?
There are many form based apps that can auto copy data from one form to another. My preference is the FormConnect Pro+ app. It allows you configure and link your four forms and specify the customer’s name, phone number, email address, and mailing address so that when you fill that information on one form, it automatically populates that data on the other forms. It also supports tabs so you can switch back and forms between the four forms.

Clockerjohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2024
There are many form based apps that can auto copy data from one form to another. My preference is the FormConnect Pro+ app. It allows you configure and link your four forms and specify the customer’s name, phone number, email address, and mailing address so that when you fill that information on one form, it automatically populates that data on the other forms. It also supports tabs so you can switch back and forms between the four forms.
That sounds like it’s exactly what I need. That would make doing this work even easier than on the computer. I’m going to look into that, thanks!

Edit: I just looked into that. It seems as if it is for making new forms. I have official application PDFs that are fillable and I have to fill the information into those, which will subsequently be printed out and submitted. Would this app work for this purpose?

Last edited:

bluebar

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
That sounds like it’s exactly what I need. That would make doing this work even easier than on the computer. I’m going to look into that, thanks!

Edit: I just looked into that. It seems as if it is for making new forms. I have official application PDFs that are fillable and I have to fill the information into those, which will subsequently be printed out and submitted. Would this app work for this purpose?
You are correct. The FormConnect Pro+ app is for creating new forms. I've been able to replicate many of the PDF forms that I am required to fill out but your forms may be more complex than mine. You might try contacting their Support Team and see if they have a solution. They have been pretty good at responding when I pose a question.

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

Clockerjohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2024
I need to fill out official application PDF’s for building permits, I have to use the exact forms that the government provides.

How about a copy/paste clipboard app, do they make anything where I can copy all four pieces of customer information and then choose to paste each different one where needed?

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I need to fill out official application PDF’s for building permits, I have to use the exact forms that the government provides.

How about a copy/paste clipboard app, do they make anything where I can copy all four pieces of customer information and then choose to paste each different one where needed?

These apps do exist, but I am not very familiar with them. This is the one I am currently using, though it charges a (small) annual fee.

I preferred “copied” more, but sadly, it seems to have been discontinued.

apcore

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2021
Paste has a rather high subscription fee for new subscribers. Those grandfathered in pay a smaller annual fee. For a one time payment option, PastePal is a great alternative.

Reactions: mr_jomo

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Paste has a rather high subscription fee for new subscribers. Those grandfathered in pay a smaller annual fee. For a one time payment option, PastePal is a great alternative.
Hmm, you are right. The current annual subscription fee for Paste is 3 times what I am currently paying. :oops:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.