Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevp1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2003
Hey all. After the 13.4.1 update, my Pro 10.5" is constantly rebooting. Basically unusable. I have seen several others on the Apple support forums with the same problem, but no one from Apple, that I'm aware of, has addressed it.

Has anyone here heard of/experienced this issue? I did a quick search and couldn't find it mentioned, but just thought I'd ask. Forgive me if I missed a thread on it.

I can't even try updating to 13.4.5 beta as it won't stay up long enough.

Any thoughts?

Stevp1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2003
Can't install anything. It doesn't stay running long enough to download the new OS. I can get the profile to download from the beta site, but as soon as it starts the download, it reboots. Doesn't last more than 45-60 seconds between reboots. Going to try a full factory reset and see what happens. Nothing to lose at this point.
[automerge]1588954170[/automerge]
have you tried connecting your iPad Pro to iTunes to update it?
Yessir. Like I said in my other post, doesn't stay running long enough to do anything. Thanks though!

migoodyear

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2020
Hey all. After the 13.4.1 update, my Pro 10.5" is constantly rebooting. Basically unusable. I have seen several others on the Apple support forums with the same problem, but no one from Apple, that I'm aware of, has addressed it.

Has anyone here heard of/experienced this issue? I did a quick search and couldn't find it mentioned, but just thought I'd ask. Forgive me if I missed a thread on it.

I can't even try updating to 13.4.5 beta as it won't stay up long enough.

Any thoughts?
I"m having the same problem. I've been on the phone with Apple support and despite restoring from iTunes there is still the problem.

cjd70

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2020
NSW, Australia
I had the same problem with an iPad Pro 10.5" rebooting 3 minutes after entering the unlock code, regardless of whether I was in an app or just on the home screen. The problem occurred after updating to 13.4.1, but resolved after re-installing 13.3.1. Recently I must have accidently selected auto software update and the rebooting problem appeared again with 13.5. It definitely seems to be a software problem, but unfortunately we are all unable to return to 13.3.1 as Apple had unsigned it!

I have tried a clean restore to 13.5 in DFU mode using iTunes on a Mac running High Sierra and then through the Finder on a Mac running Catalina, but the problem persists. After talking to Apple Support I have been told I need to pay around AUS$700 to get a replacement iPad as I am out of warranty!

There are several articles online which show that the problem is relatively common in the iPad Pro 10.5" model:

Reactions: viettanium

Stevp1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2003
Ok gang. Finally had a convo with a very nice lady from Apple. They reached out to me. First thing, apparently they DO monitor the Apple forum discussions as she specifically mentioned that` is where they got my original complaint from. So someone is paying attention.

We spent about 15 minutes on the phone. She asked me the usual tech support type stuff. What was I doing when I updated to 13.4.1, had I added any other apps at the same time (no), how quick did the problem present itself (immediately). Things like that. She was pretty thorough.

We even tried to do remote diagnostics but the iPad wouldn't stay up long enough to connect.

So keep the faith all! It looks like they are (at least) investigating, although she was very clear to say they were not troubleshooting at this time, just gathering information.

By the way, I'm on a couple of different discussions about this problem, so I'm going to copy and paste this post. Just in case you think I'm some sort of bot or something.

(Added here on MacRumors... There are at least two discussions on Apple's own forums about this that I'm a part of.)

-Steve

Reactions: NickYoung

pinklady81

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2020
I was curious if anyone found a solution for the iPad rebooting every 3 minutes? I'm currently having the same issue and have spent almost 3 hours on the phone trying to troubleshoot. We have done everything possible and nothing! I have 3 other brand new iPads that I have bought and now I'm concerned this is a serious issue with the iPads. If anyone can help I would honestly appreciate it. thank you

steelem

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2015
please do not do a fresh install !!! the fix for me was to download ios 14 beta ! my ipad pro is 1st gen restarting every 3-5 mins when i upgraded to 13.6 - i managed to get the 14 downloaded after 3-4 of it restarting but it has fixed the issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.