Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmeulen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
The Netherlands
Hi all, my iPad successfully updated to IOS11 however when booting it always starts with the 'Update Completed' screen and the Welcome screen. Did a number of restarts but 'problem' is not gone.
Any ideas what this could be? And how to get rid of these two screens?
Not a serious issue as reboot is not needed on a daily basis :)

rmeulen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
The Netherlands
Hi all, my iPad successfully updated to IOS11 however when booting it always starts with the 'Update Completed' screen and the Welcome screen. Did a number of restarts but 'problem' is not gone.
Any ideas what this could be? And how to get rid of these two screens?
Not a serious issue as reboot is not needed on a daily basis :)

So I did a reset all content and setup as new and the issue disappeared.
Next I restored the latest backup and hopla, the issue is back. So one of the installed Apps is causing a misbehave of the startup... and now .... which one ;-)

aeiou11235

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2014
So I did a reset all content and setup as new and the issue disappeared.
Next I restored the latest backup and hopla, the issue is back. So one of the installed Apps is causing a misbehave of the startup... and now .... which one ;-)

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?

rmeulen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
The Netherlands
Hi aeiou11235,
No, I stopped looking for a solution as I have too many apps installed.
As a matter of fact, I don’t notice it anymore. Just clicking it away each restart...

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Updates are weird sometimes! I wonder why people have these weird issues that aren't really reproducible for others. When I updated my iPad 4 to iOS 7.1.2 the Game Center app crashed, and the App Store search didn't work. A full restore, and nothing. Of course, nobody had that issue.
I'm now never updating iOS again in any device, but I still find the myriad of - individual - issues people have intriguing. Why do they even happen if they are never widespread?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.