Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZircoBen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
Utah, USA
I bought an iPad Pro 11" on the cheap on eBay, and it came with a big dent on the back and a bright spot on the display. I got it for such a good price ($250) that I'm willing to accept these tradeoffs. Attached are photos of these two defects.

However, I'm curious if anyone has seen these sorts of bright spots get worse with time. Could the dent on the back have caused this bright spot? I'm just a little wary of it.

I'd appreciate any input on why that spot got there, and how it's going to be going forward.

Attachments

• tempImageKN8ma8.png
    tempImageKN8ma8.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 352
  • tempImageXEG15j.png
    tempImageXEG15j.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 189

Diablo360

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
It definitely looks like the dent cause the white spot. The same kind of dents on MacBook Pro screens cause white spots as well. It shouldn’t spread, but that dent does look pretty nasty. I’d be worried about the fact that there is a lot of wear and tear and how that will affect longevity

Reactions: ZircoBen

macbookm1airlover

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2021
Agree with what Diablo360 said above..should be ok and not spread. I have seen these same spots on MacBook Pro machines with heavy dents. As long as you do not drop the device to much, you should be a-ok!

• Love
Reactions: ZircoBen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.