Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Hello everyone,
Cydia in My iPad Pro 11 inch 2020 on iOS 13.5 keeps crashing when opening any tweak pages. Cydia of works completely fine but whenever I open a tweak page to view more information it crashes instantly every time.
I installed unc0ver 5.0.1 using AltStore on my MacBook.
I have the jaikbreak working completely fine on my iPhone X. Just my iPad Pro 11 2020 is being weird with Cydia tweak pages.

Any ideas on how to fix?
Installed the JB but can’t have any fun with it on my iPad just my iPhone. Strange that the iPad has a much more powerful proc.

Also, I I have nothing installed from the jailbreak, just Cydia, AltStore and unc0ver. This is a freshly installed jailbreak for the first time ever on my iPad Pro.

Link to YouTube video of my issue:

Last edited:

Zuhair Majid Hallak

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2020
Please if anyone get the resolution or have it let we know
I've the same issue ????
Solution as Alternative to install tweaks. Go to Unc0ver app, settings on top right, Install OpenSSH, jailbreak the device,
have the same network as your laptop & iPad. ssh root@ your IP address . default password alpine. You can install tweaks through ssh or you can install zebra package manager. Go to zebra tweak, there is link for zebra.ipa. I have used altstore, put your Apple ID and password. Go to your iPad , top left press plus sign and add zebra iPad. Make sure you have altsever opened and mail plugin installed in mail through preference, must be opened. Plug in your iPad 2020 then add the zebra through Altstore. You are able to install tweaks. you have no need for cydia. Cydia seems broken.

zokinjo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2020
I ve installed Zebra through Altstore , seems like it did not work, tweaks still crushing...

FrankieS

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2020
Hello everyone,
Cydia in My iPad Pro 11 inch 2020 on iOS 13.5 keeps crashing when opening any tweak pages. Cydia of works completely fine but whenever I open a tweak page to view more information it crashes instantly every time.
I installed unc0ver 5.0.1 using AltStore on my MacBook.
I have the jaikbreak working completely fine on my iPhone X. Just my iPad Pro 11 2020 is being weird with Cydia tweak pages.

Any ideas on how to fix?
Installed the JB but can’t have any fun with it on my iPad just my iPhone. Strange that the iPad has a much more powerful proc.

Also, I I have nothing installed from the jailbreak, just Cydia, AltStore and unc0ver. This is a freshly installed jailbreak for the first time ever on my iPad Pro.

Link to YouTube video of my issue:
Exact same issue on iPad Pro 11” 2018. If anyone has found a fix, please post.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Update: The fix for this issue is to go to settings > accessibility > keyboards and turn off full keyboard access.
No idea why this fixes it but now I can finally view cydia tweak pages.

Reactions: FrankieS

FrankieS

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2020
Update: The fix for this issue is to go to settings > accessibility > keyboards and turn off full keyboard access.
No idea why this fixes it but now I can finally view cydia tweak pages.

Thank you very much! It worked! I really appreciate this!

FrankieS

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2020
That might work for Ipad, I tried that on Iphone, did not work

My cousin had Cydia crash as soon as she opened it on her iPhone Pro Max. I helped her do a reset (Settings, General, Reset, Reset Content and settings) and once done, used her latest iCloud back up to set up her phone. Cydia worked after we did this. It may work for you.

Pangu103

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2017
Try the new update with the keyboard fix. Also, I would recommend installing Zebra

zokinjo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2020
I ve installed new uncover update 5.2.0 , still can not open tweaks. Also keyboard is off... does anybody knownhkwnto fix this problem?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I ve installed new uncover update 5.2.0 , still can not open tweaks. Also keyboard is off... does anybody knownhkwnto fix this problem?

This is one thing installed. Do some troubleshooting and see if it’s that one app or if it is happening with other installed apps from cydia.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Same with all tweaks

Not all tweaks work with iOS 13. Most repos keep very old tweaks. I recommend installing TweakCompatible and check each tweak and make sure iOS 13.x is supported. Idk what your installing but the video appears to be random tweaks that look very old.

zokinjo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2020
I ve installed new uncover update 5.2.0 , still can not open tweaks. Also keyboard is off... does anybody knownhkwnto fix this problem
[automerge]1591795244[/automerge]
I went through the list of newest tweaks I found on youtube, and when I install them they are not showing up , on the screen and setting. Like I did not install them at all, any idea?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I ve installed new uncover update 5.2.0 , still can not open tweaks. Also keyboard is off... does anybody knownhkwnto fix this problem
[automerge]1591795244[/automerge]
I went through the list of newest tweaks I found on youtube, and when I install them they are not showing up , on the screen and setting. Like I did not install them at all, any idea?

Install shuffle so you can easily find your tweaks in the settings app. Also respring after installing each tweak if you didn't. Are you new to jail breaking?
Provide some info on your setup. iPhone version and so on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.