Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B-muzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
Australia
I visited the Apple Store to try the iPad Pro 11 M2. The first one I picked up had a very warm/yellow screen. Nothing like the iPad Air and iPad Pro 12.9 either side of it. I moved to the other side it the table to inspect the other iPad Pro 11. Same yellowing screen. Every iPad Pro 11 in the Apple Store was yellowed. I counted 5 units. One unit even had dark areas in the backlight. It looked like a burned out screen on a MS Surface tablet. I checked for night shift and it was off. Turning off True Tone made it almost white, but still warm. Turning off True Tone on an iPad Air made the display almost blue. I left the store and visited the following day. This time all the iPads were fixed. I turned them over and all the iPad Pro 11s were replaced and had demo stickers on the back. I asked an Apple employee what had happened to these iPads. He confirmed that all the 11 M2 Pros were replaced that morning because of screen issues. It seems there’s a bad batch of these? Or is it more common?
The Apple employee said he thinks it was caused by being on all day everyday. But all the iPads had been in service just as long and they were fine.

Has anyone had issues with their M2 iPad Pro 11? I feel discouraged to buy one.

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Interesting. Saw one here too. Thought it was night shift or True Tone but it had the same settings as the other iPads but a much different screen tint. (Much warmer)

B-muzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
Australia
IMG_0741.jpeg

I found an iPad that wasn’t replaced.

Left - iPad Pro 11” M2
Right - iPad Air M1

Night shift off, True Tone on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.