Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ndude60

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
I have the 11” iPad Pro 2018 and I’m trying to find an adapter that will support standard USB for a midi keyboard and also support headphones (either through 3.5mm jack or USB C connector)

I have the USB C AV adapter from Apple and the midi keyboard works fine but the USB C port only supports charging.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can point me to a forum where this was addressed. Any help appreciated!

BB1970

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
I have the 11” iPad Pro 2018 and I’m trying to find an adapter that will support standard USB for a midi keyboard and also support headphones (either through 3.5mm jack or USB C connector)

I have the USB C AV adapter from Apple and the midi keyboard works fine but the USB C port only supports charging.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can point me to a forum where this was addressed. Any help appreciated!

Does your midi controller have a standard MIDI 5 pin output ?
I ask because I think the prevailing thinking is most people use a midi connected interface, as oppose to some sort of headphone/usb dongle.
Not to mention the interface may give you easier on hand control for volume etc.

ndude60

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Does your midi controller have a standard MIDI 5 pin output ?
I ask because I think the prevailing thinking is most people use a midi connected interface, as oppose to some sort of headphone/usb dongle.
Not to mention the interface may give you easier on hand control for volume etc.

No its just a standard USB that I plug into the USB port of the AV adaptor or just into a USB C adaptor

The cable I use for it is USB B to USB A - i.e a printer cable

Attachments

• 81C59F33-3D88-485F-9027-EC699E1A0424.jpeg
    81C59F33-3D88-485F-9027-EC699E1A0424.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 255
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.