Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I didn't read all the posts, but I also had the unresponsive 12.9 screen. I sold it right away and upgraded to the 2018 12.9. Love this machine and never had any problems with it.

Even when Apple releases a refurbished unit online, I am SOOO tempted to buy it for my daughter instead of the new 8th gen iPad. But then I come back to reality and remember how frustrated I was when it was unresponsive.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
I wanted to chime in with my 2017 12.9" iPad Pro (2. Gen.) which started exhibiting the touchscreen issue after... dunno, some months?

It is infuriating. This lack of reliability makes typing on the screen basically impossible - all the time some touches are ignored and it reads lke thsnd t drvs m crzy!!

So I opened a case with Apple Support and they looked at it (sent it in a coffin to a service center) and I received it back with the notice that no issues were found. Except when I got it back, the lightbleed issue has been introduced due to them opening it ?

Now I got a 3 year old iPad with sometimes not working touchscreen (locking and unlocking fixes it, if all else fails) AND lightbleed... ffffuuuuuuuuu

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.