Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jára Tyky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Hello,

is possible to change battery in Ipad Pro? I use iPad quite a lot and when I play a game I charge twice a day, so my battery will last like two years. Is possible to change battery? I saw that some apple service offers it but recently I was going to change battery in old iPad Air 2 and guy in apple service told me that they can do it but is very possible that they will damage display, so they do not recommend it. Si iPad 12.9 is much bigger. Shall I be worried and not play games on iPad to spare battery? On the other hand i try to thing about it as consumption device and do not want to be worried about battery But if I know it can be easily changed without physical damages (or even scratches), I will be okay with that. Thanks for advice.

Cancelled
Jun 5, 2012
It's very difficult to open and change battery in an iPad as basically they are 'sealed' devices without any screw. You will damage the casing in one way or other if you are not super careful.

Official Apple service providers or Apple Store simply replace the entire iPad with a new or refurbished iPad if you go in for battery replacement.

You cant tell the difference between new or refurbished iPad externally as the refurbished unit has a new enclosure and display.

Jára Tyky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Thank you for reply. Yes, I remember that I have read something about this. So shall I be worried about battery or not? I still can not understand how can be good for Apple to change whole iPad Pro? Are refurbished models composite of some used parts?
Right now I am changing iPhone 11 Pro Max through apple exchange. They told me that they will change my phone but they will not give me new one with box. I shall get a piece that is only send for apple repair. So i do not like the idea to have some used model or iphone compounds of some old parts..

Cancelled
Jun 5, 2012
You should not worry about your battery at all. You should just enjoy your iPad and when battery is on its way out you should get it replaced through an official channel.

Refurbished iPad or iPhone consists of new enclosure, display and battery. But the logic board and other electronic components are not new. It is sourced from the iPhone or iPad which customers bring in for service.

But Since electronic components or logic board are not consumable and have no moving parts they don't age as fast as say a battery or a screen or buttons so it makes sense.

If I were you I would not worry about battery or the replacement being refurbished and just enjoy my product.

Reactions: 708692

Slimmyhendrix

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
MN
I have an original iPad Air 1 from 2013. It works just as good as new and the battery has about 6hr life with constant use like movies. Batteries can last on an apple but if you are using very heavily and charging twice a day, maybe you should put the pad down for a while and do other things if you are worried about battery life.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Jára Tyky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
I have an original iPad Air 1 from 2013. It works just as good as new and the battery has about 6hr life with constant use like movies. Batteries can last on an apple but if you are using very heavily and charging twice a day, maybe you should put the pad down for a while and do other things if you are worried about battery life.

There are apps that can drain the whole battery of ipad pro 12.9. just in three hours. It is not about doing wrong things..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.