Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pintnight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2008
I have iPadOS Beta 13 installed on my iPad Pro 12.9 (2018). I'm not sure what happened, but I cannot get out of this app with the a mini app on the right side, I'm assuming it's my iPhone XS Max? I cannot get that right side to close. And because that is on top of the other app that is running, I cannot close that either.

I cannot restart the iPad Pro, I've held the power button down for way longer than 30 seconds. I've tried holding down both the power button and volume button, still won't restart.

Anybody got any ideas how I can get the app(s) to close?

is there a way to disable that mirror or whatever you call it from popping up again? Or at least how that is happening and to close it.

Attachments

• iPad Pro Stuck.jpg
    iPad Pro Stuck.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
Try a reset first. Press and release the volume up, followed by the volume down, then press and hold the power button until the slider appears. You may need to try a couple of times to get the timing right.

MTD's Mac

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
I had the same problem, same device. It was a Safari window floating on top of a full-screen third party app. The background app could be manipulated but the problem appeared to be with the Safari window, which was blank and unresponsive. Physical keyboard commands didn’t work. Orientation changed on the lock screen, but not when the iPad was unlocked.

Did a reset as described above and everything is working now.

Biggest issue I’ve ever had with an Apple public beta, but that’s the risk.

Reactions: chfilm

pintnight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2008
Try a reset first. Press and release the volume up, followed by the volume down, then press and hold the power button until the slider appears. You may need to try a couple of times to get the timing right.

That did it! Finally got it to power off. It's working now. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.