Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palebluedot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
I’m going to be picking up the OLED iPads when they launch and was wondering does anyone have experience using Screens app (basically VNC) on a 12 inch iPad Pro. I use it on the smaller iPad Pro now and it works decently but I plan on remoting into my iMac via the new iPad instead of carrying a laptop and figure the bigger screen would be a more enjoyable experience.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I’m going to be picking up the OLED iPads when they launch and was wondering does anyone have experience using Screens app (basically VNC) on a 12 inch iPad Pro. I use it on the smaller iPad Pro now and it works decently but I plan on remoting into my iMac via the new iPad instead of carrying a laptop and figure the bigger screen would be a more enjoyable experience.

I used both 11 and 12.9, and really, even the 11 worked well. Since RDP scales, text and elemet sizes look the same, jsut on the 12.9, you had more empty space and programs filled the screen a little better. A 12 inch size difference should be negligible.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I’ve done it with the 12.9” that I had with a Magic Keyboard/Trackpad case. It worked about as well as it could - but resolution was an issue since my Mac mini is using a 2560x1440 display. I ended up abandoning Screens & iPad and just remote in from my MacBook 16” now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.