Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbojoshua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2017
Hi There,

I have just bought an iPad Pro 3rd Gen 12.9" and intend to use "LumaFusion" to help vlog and edit videos whilst on the go rather than taking my Macbook with me everytime. I vlog on a Samsung Note 10+ and have read that you can take the images from it and sync them to your iPad using the USB C cable.

Unfortunately to no luck, has anybody else managed to import photos from an android device to an iPad. Without the use of a Macbook?

Thanks
Josh

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
You could transfer the photos to an SD card on an Android. You can then transfer the photos from there SD card reader to iPad using a USB C card reader. Or alternatively, if you use google, transfer all photos on Android device to Google Photos in cloud. You can then access photos on any device regardless either in web browser or Google Photos app.

Reactions: turbojoshua

turbojoshua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2017
Thank you very much for that! :) Have just this moment ordered a USB Card Reader. Hopefully this will be the end of the stress.

Thank you!

You could transfer the photos to an SD card on an Android. You can then transfer the photos from there SD card reader to iPad using a USB C card reader. Or alternatively, if you use google, transfer all photos on Android device to Google Photos in cloud. You can then access photos on any device regardless either in web browser or Google Photos app.

turbojoshua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2017
You sir are an utter legend!, finally got an hour or two to try this out and its as easy as transferring from my Note 10+ and then plugging into my iPad.

Fantastic for use with LumaFusion!. Thanks :)

Reactions: RevTEG and JD2015
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.