Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I have these problems

• Total voters

Hrtaghizadeh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2019
Hi, first apologize for the bad english, i bought the iPad Pro 12.9 and found some problems with the screen. I have a lot of sensitivity on the screen, first I notice when the iPad is in portrait mode the left side of the screen is slightly yellow than the right, and when I shake the white screen I see the iPad have two more areas of light on the edge Of course, when I hold the iPad fixed, nothing is visible and not even a picture of it, then I notice that the bottom of the screen has a bit of darkness at the top of the screen, which makes me take another iPad, the next iPad similar The screen was very uneven, the iPad's corner was too dark, I decided to keep my first iPad, I had too many forums. I went around and went to Apple Stores in Turkey, I didn't see much in the forums about the yellow on the left, but at Apple Stores I saw four iPads having the same problem, wondering if they all have these problems or am I really unlucky?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
This could be a setting like True Tone that’s switched on - but if you see this on all iPads maybe you are just very sensitive?

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Hrtaghizadeh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2019
This could be a setting like True Tone that’s switched on - but if you see this on all iPads maybe you are just very sensitive?

thanks for your response . No the problem is not true tone, if all the screen is yellow I have no problem, the problem is that my left side looks yellow (very dim)

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
Yes I have this on all my devices. iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3, iPhone XR, and even my TV has it slightly. It used to bug me now I don’t pay any attention to it and don’t even notice it anymore. It depends how bad yours is though, I did get an iPad Pro a couple of years ago where it was really bad so took it back.

It is more noticeable with True Tone on though.

Hrtaghizadeh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2019
One of the problems with the iPad is left warming, this and the presence of iron in the area may cause the screen to turn yellow.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hi, first apologize for the bad english, i bought the iPad Pro 12.9 and found some problems with the screen. I have a lot of sensitivity on the screen, first I notice when the iPad is in portrait mode the left side of the screen is slightly yellow than the right, and when I shake the white screen I see the iPad have two more areas of light on the edge Of course, when I hold the iPad fixed, nothing is visible and not even a picture of it, then I notice that the bottom of the screen has a bit of darkness at the top of the screen, which makes me take another iPad, the next iPad similar The screen was very uneven, the iPad's corner was too dark, I decided to keep my first iPad, I had too many forums. I went around and went to Apple Stores in Turkey, I didn't see much in the forums about the yellow on the left, but at Apple Stores I saw four iPads having the same problem, wondering if they all have these problems or am I really unlucky?
Light bleed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.