Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mickyslaughter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2020
Does anyone notice that when they do the dark mode setting that when scrolling things look a little off. Not sure if I’m just super sensitive to noticing this or if my ipad is defective. When dark mode is enabled in settings and u scroll on dark backgrounds things look a little jittery/choppy. The stutter is pretty mild but it’s weird. Anyone else see it or is it just me?

Mickyslaughter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2020
I notice the scrolling stutter when scrolling slowly, while leaving one finger on the screen and slowly scrolling. I’ve been spoiled by my one plus 7 pro which has the smoothest scrolling I’ve ever seen. I was expecting the same from the iPad since it’s 120hz and it’s not even close to the smoothness.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
I've got a 6th gen iPad running iPad OS 13.3.1 and Dark Mode.
I tend to "flick" the screen either up or down and just let it roll. I do not keep my finger on the screen, that way I do not need to move my hand. The only time I occasionally see any "stutter" is if I keep my finger on the screen surface.
As always graphic performance may be effected by how many processes are active but in the end it should make no difference which display preference you choose, dark or standard mode.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Does anyone notice that when they do the dark mode setting that when scrolling things look a little off. Not sure if I’m just super sensitive to noticing this or if my ipad is defective. When dark mode is enabled in settings and u scroll on dark backgrounds things look a little jittery/choppy. The stutter is pretty mild but it’s weird. Anyone else see it or is it just me?
Do you have any software updates available? Maybe the latest version of iPadOS fixes this issue.

Reactions: Rodan52

Mickyslaughter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2020
I actually only notice the slight stutter when I slowly have my finger scrolling the screen. I guess I’ll have to change my scrolling habits to a flick. Everyone’s iPad has the slight choppiness when you leave your finger on and do a slow one finger scroll?

yunuzzz

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2016
Same here. I don’t know is it hardware issue or something. I don’t have another iPad Pro to test. I’m wondering all 2020 iPad pros behave like this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.